location | calgary
Forward Level Marketing is a full-service marketing firm and a team of game-changers. We function like the internal marketing department for our clients and our clients know that we are in this with them. It’s our relationships with our clients that inspire us to deliver beyond expectations and help them move their business forward.
Our continuous drive has led us to a place of growth. We are on the lookout for a Brand Strategist – a functional marketing champion who builds marketing campaigns that accelerate brands.
Working with a tightly knit group of marketing rock stars, the Brand Strategist will:
- Assist in the development of simple marketing solutions to complex business problems, interact with clients, lead brainstorming sessions, and contribute to marketing and creative project briefs that define client work.
- Develop the foundational elements of our client’s brands. Guide the development of brand messaging that resonates with client target audiences and build brand value.
- Guide market-research and monitor and analyze marketing performance metrics. Toss out the vanity data and make a strong connection between our client’s business goals and key information to inform and manage consistent and effective marketing outcomes.
- Participate in strategic initiatives and work independently to turn client strategy into high-performing campaigns. Take a leadership role in the development of marketing campaigns by integrating efforts across brand, digital, content, and design teams
- Design and strengthen data-driven B2B and B2C marketing campaigns that:
- Build strong brand connections between our client’s products and services;
- Apply an understanding of each of our client’s audience’s frustrations and pain points as a point of entry to campaign messaging;
- Develop and maintain a consistent narrative across all campaign touch-points;
- Amplify content across too many channels to fit on one page;
- Spur purposeful engagement and conversations between our clients and their stakeholders. Provoke a series of audience relevant decision points and influence predictable outcomes;
- Manage and curate client brand assets. Operationalize end-to-end campaigns across business lines. Ensure that brand interactions deliver timely and consistent brand value;
- Measure and report on the advancements of our client’s brands.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams throughout campaign cycles to ensure execution is on time and on budget and aligns with brand guidelines and legislative requirements.
Requirements and skills
- Post-secondary education in business, marketing, communications, or public relations.
- Minimum 10-years of experience building, launching, and managing B2B and B2C marketing plans. Experience working in an advertising or PR agency, marketing firm, a regional sales and marketing business, or an entrepreneurial environment is preferred.
- Applied knowledge building, managing and measuring integrated social media, email marketing, and SEM campaigns.
- Above average writing, editing, and personal communication skills.
- A strong history of taking an analytic approach to marketing research and finding a rhythm in the chaos.
- A creative and big-picture thinker, planner and activator. A proven problem solver who is always thinking three or four steps ahead.
- Must be confident working in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment with responsibility for multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- Above all, a consistent commitment to win-win opportunities and outcomes with every interaction.
- Differentiating factors:
- Experience in integrated marketing and communications;
- Applied knowledge of audience personas, and client journey mapping;
- One or more of the following certifications or designations: Accredited Business Communicator (ABC); Communication Management Professional, (CMP); Strategic Communication Management Professional (SCMP); Accredited in Public Relations (APR®); Certified Marketing Management Professional (CMMP®).
Please apply by Friday, December 14, 2018 via email at HR@forwardlevel.com with a cover letter and resume. Please reference the job title in the subject line. Be creative. Think big.
No agency inquiries, please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.