Forward Level Marketing is a full-service marketing agency and the founding partner of move forward yycTM. We are home to a multi-talented team of unique individuals that bring something beyond the status quo to their role. At the heart of everything, we’re a people company, and whether those people are our team, clients, or community, our purpose is to move people forward.
Working at Forward Level means being part of a team dedicated to working together to find solutions to challenges and take advantage of opportunities. We do this in a safe, diverse environment, where we celebrate big ideas, unique perspectives, and creativity. Our people are challenged to continuously learn and develop their skills in a supportive, collaborative environment and become leaders in their area. You will be challenged to bring the best version of yourself every day, and you will be supported every step of the way. We believe that if we take good care of our people, our people will take good care of everything else. We support this with unlimited vacation and flexibility for remote work to ensure our team is healthy, rested, and ready to bring game-changing ideas for our clients.
Our people drive our culture. We own our desk. We face challenges head-on and are relentlessly eager to think differently and tackle the big idea. We are curious. We aren’t afraid to say, “I don’t know,” and will always follow it up with, “but I’ll find out.” Our culture is one in which asking for help and offering it are second nature. We always have each other’s backs. We work together to help other people because we care about each other, our clients, and our community.
We also laugh… a lot. We enjoy life and each other. That positive energy combined with our commitment to being the best version of ourselves makes Forward Level a unique environment to grow your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE
Our team is growing to keep pace with a fantastic group of organizations that we’re fortunate enough to work alongside. As part of our growth, we are on the lookout for a natural relationship-driven Web Developer. As part of our Digital team, you will work closely with our entire team to develop web experiences for our clients that help tell their brand story online.
Working closely with our Digital Marketing Strategist, you will help architect and build websites, landing pages, automations, and much more and support email marketing and social media campaigns when needed. You will bring big ideas, and your voice will be heard and considered in the strategic planning process.
This is an exciting role with the opportunity for growth within the team. Working at FLM, you’ll get to wear a few hats, further develop your skillset, and work with our amazing roster of clients. If you are passionate about marketing, have a “whatever it takes to get the job done” attitude and consider yourself positive, proactive, and a collaborator, we want you to apply.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY TO DAY
- Contribute to website development, testing, documentation, and ongoing maintenance.
- Code websites (both frontend and backend) working primarily with WordPress, custom dashboards, and marketing API integrations to meet client digital marketing needs.
- Write clean and efficient code for the design and modification of websites from layout to function, featuring user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Develop WordPress themes, plugins and integrate marketing tools to enhance clients’ end-to-end online experience.
- Customize out-of-the-box plugins and themes
- Build software applications that improve client and firm reach, results, and reporting.
- Implement WordPress security best practices and tools.
- Quality assurance testing and debugging across common browsers and devices (including UX testing).
- Front end design experience within Adobe CC, you’re able to convert XD and Photoshop files into pixel-perfect WordPress themes.
- Ensure digital functionality, security, and software updates are consistently in good standing.
- Manage and monitor basic SEO and site speed optimization.
- Collaboration with the digital team to launch campaigns and implement appropriate tracking to measure campaign success.
- Generate ideas with creative and digital teams and offer insightful solutions.
- Manage multiple projects and ensure milestones and project deadlines are met.
- Provide clients and the team with exceptional experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or similar area of study.
- Two years of experience using web content management systems (CMS) platforms such as WordPress.
- Experience working in a consultative client-focused environment (agency or in-house agency model preferred).
- Experience building responsive, end-to-end websites and landing pages.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics/ Google Tag Manager and Google Search Console.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills; must be confident working in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment with multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- Natural problem-solving ability, paired with a proactive mindset and an energetic attitude.
- A consistent commitment to win-win opportunities and outcomes with every internal and external colleague and client interaction.