At Forward Level we take a human experience (HX) approach to how our client’s employees and customers connect to their brand. Designing irresistible internal and external engagement experiences create an environment for growth. We’re strong believers that the human-centricity of a business will change its trajectory.
People are the rocket fuel to your business. Retaining and attracting the right mix of people will make or break your business. Whether it’s your employees, prospects, clients, community, or partners they should all experience your brand in a similar way. We help small-to-medium-sized companies craft unforgettable end-to-end brand experiences.
We are home to a multi-talented team of individuals that genuinely care about bringing impact to our clients while having fun at work. At the heart of everything, we’re a people company, and whether those people are our team, clients, or community, our purpose is to move people forward.
Working at Forward Level means being part of a team dedicated to working together to create meaningful solutions. We do this in a safe, diverse environment, where we celebrate big ideas, unique perspectives, and creativity. Our people are challenged to continuously learn and develop their skills in a supportive, collaborative environment and become leaders in their area. We believe that if we take good care of our people, our people will take good care of everything else. We support this with unlimited vacation and flexibility for remote work to ensure our team is healthy, rested, and ready to bring game-changing ideas.
Our people drive our culture. We own our desks. We face challenges head-on and are relentlessly eager to think differently and have big ideas. We are curious. We aren’t afraid to say, “I don’t know,” and will always follow it up with, “but I’ll find out.” Our culture is one in which asking for help and offering it are second nature. We always have each other’s backs. We also laugh… a lot. We enjoy life and each other. That positive energy combined with our commitment to being the best version of ourselves makes Forward Level a unique environment to hone your career.
ABOUT THE ROLE
While being in full on code mode is cool and we have the utmost respect, we’re looking for a natural relationship-driven collaborator. Someone who wants to nerd out about data, conversions, and pixel-perfect designs with a group of accomplished digital-minded marketers. As part of our Digital group, you will work closely with our entire team to develop human-centric web experiences for our clients.
You will help architect and build websites, landing pages, automations, API’s, email marketing and paid marketing campaigns. You will be the lead on data analytics and the internal steward of security best practices. You will bring big ideas, and your voice will be heard and considered in the strategic planning process.
Working at Forward Level, you’ll get to wear a few hats, further develop your skillset, and work with our amazing roster of purpose-driven clients. If you are passionate about marketing, have a “whatever it takes to get the job done” attitude and consider yourself positive, proactive, and a collaborator, we want to chat.
WHAT YOU’LL DO DAY TO DAY
- Website development, testing, documentation, and ongoing maintenance.
- Code websites and landing pages (both frontend and backend) working primarily with WordPress or a Headless CMS, building custom dashboards, and marketing API integrations to meet client digital marketing needs.
- Write clean and efficient code for the design and modification of websites from layout to function, featuring user-friendly design and clear navigation.
- Develop WordPress themes, plugins and integrate marketing tools to enhance clients’ end-to-end online experience.
- Customize out-of-the-box plugins and themes.
- Build web applications that improve client and firm reach, results, and reporting.
- Implement WordPress security best practices and tools.
- Quality assurance testing and debugging across common browsers and devices (including UX testing).
- Front end design experience within Adobe Creative Cloud, you’re able to convert Adobe XD and Photoshop files into pixel-perfect WordPress websites.
- Ensure digital functionality, security, and software updates are consistently in good standing.
- Manage and monitor basic SEO and site speed optimization.
- Support our email marketing efforts on Klaviyo and MailChimp by converting custom designs into beautiful email templates.
- Collaboration with the digital team to effectively launch campaigns and implement appropriate tracking to measure campaign success.
- Set up and own data dashboards for internal measurement – pulling in various analytics across social, web, and paid platforms. We have used Databox, Looker Studio (formerly Google Datastudio), and other BI tools.
- Generate ideas with creative and digital teams and offer insightful solutions.
- Manage multiple projects and ensure milestones and project deadlines are met.
- Provide clients and the team with exceptional experiences.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Post-secondary education in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Systems, or a similar area of study.
- Two years of experience using web content management systems (CMS) platforms such as WordPress.
- Bonus points if you have experience with headless CMS, Shopify or other platforms.
- Experience working in a consultative client-focused environment (agency or in-house agency model preferred).
- Experience building responsive, end-to-end websites and landing pages.
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics/ Google Tag Manager and Google Search Console.
- Experience building custom data dashboards would be a bonus – we have used Databox, Looker Studio (formerly Google Datastudio), and other BI tools.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills; must be confident working in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment with multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- Natural problem-solving ability, paired with a proactive mindset and a positive attitude.
- A consistent commitment to win-win opportunities and outcomes with every internal and external colleague and client interaction.
Please apply online with your resume and optional cover letter. We look forward to hear from you. Be creative. Think big.
No agency inquiries, please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.