Location | Calgary
We’re on the hunt for a Marketing Strategist, someone with the right experience to be our air traffic controller and guide the implementation of our clients’ marketing strategies. You believe a marketing strategy is strongest when its delivery is highly organized and perfectly planned, and this belief is driven by your passion to move clients forward. This position is best suited for a marketer experienced in a fast-paced environment and someone excited to ensure every detail of the marketing strategy is delivered accurately, efficiently and on schedule.
You leverage your experience in all facets of marketing, from creative to content, social to media relations, to implement client strategies and work with the team to execute best-in-class marketing campaigns, analyze data and solve problems. You’re driven and self-motivated, a natural problem solver who uses a positive attitude to overcome the challenges you face on any given day. These traits come out in spades in your day-to-day management of multiple projects, allowing you to focus on and deliver to multiple clients at once. You’re a strategic collaborator, a critical thinker, and an inspiration for others to think big.
The Marketing Strategist is responsible for ensuring our clients’ marketing plans move forward. At Forward Level, “good enough” isn’t good enough and you wholeheartedly agree with this vision, which is shared by your like-minded and supportive team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The Marketing Strategist manages the implementation of day to day marketing activities for Forward Level and its clients. Position responsibilities include:
- Project management of strategic projects
- Proactively managing the implementation of client marketing plans
- Transform key initiatives into actionable plans
- Set key performance metrics and timelines
- Proactively update clients on progress
- Manage marketing budgets
- Manage workflow and utilization of team members and sub-consultants
- Work with Partners to ensure marketing strategy aligns with business objectives, and then define the implementation plan including measurement standards
- Analyze market research trends to identify opportunities for our clients’ businesses
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- A post-secondary degree in Marketing or Communications
- A minimum of 7 – 10 years’ combined experience in marketing and/or a project management role
- Experience in all functional areas of a marketing department (creative, content, social, digital marketing, media relations, event management, and market research)
- A natural problem solver with a positive attitude
- Expert in planning, prioritizing and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Attention to detail and strong organizational skills are critical for this role
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- A creative mind that can focus on tactical implementation
Please apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume. Please reference the job title in the subject line. Be creative. Think big.
No agency inquiries, please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.