location | calgary
We’re on the hunt for a Marketing Manager to lead the implementation of our clients’ marketing strategies and manage our talented team of rock stars. You see the natural connections between business objectives and marketing goals and, through this process, formulate a marketing plan that will help clients move their businesses forward. This position is best suited for a marketer who thrives in a fast-paced environment. A passion for implementation—ensuring every detail of the marketing strategy is delivered accurately, efficiently and on schedule—will be key to success.
You leverage your experience in all facets of marketing, from creative to content, social to media relations, to work at both the strategic and tactical level: generating creative ideas for growth and implementing best-in-class marketing campaigns, analyzing data and solving problems. You’re driven and self-motivated, a natural problem solver who uses a positive attitude to overcome the challenges you face on any given day. These traits come out in spades in your day-to-day management of multiple projects, allowing you to focus on and deliver to multiple clients at once. You’re a strategic collaborator, a critical thinker, and an inspiration for others to think big.
You’re a great business leader as well as a great marketing leader. As a senior member of the team, the Marketing Manager is responsible for collaborating with our clients to ensure marketing strategies are aligned with their business objectives and ensuring our clients’ marketing plans move forward. At Forward Level, “good enough” isn’t good enough and you wholeheartedly agree with this vision, which is shared by your like-minded and supportive team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
As a senior member on the Marketing team at Forward Level, the Marketing Manager manages implementation of client strategies and marketing plans. Position responsibilities include:
- Proactively managing the implementation of client marketing plans
- Transform key initiatives into actionable plans
- Set key performance metrics and timelines
- Proactively update clients on progress
- Manage marketing budgets
- Manage workflow and utilization of team members and sub-consultants
- Work closely with Partners to ensure marketing strategy aligns with business objectives, and then define the implementation plan including measurement standards
- Develop and manage brand strategy with clients
- Analyze market research trends to identify opportunities for our clients’ businesses
- Project management of strategic projects
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- A post-secondary degree in Marketing or Communications
- A minimum of 12 years combined experience in marketing and a strategic role
- Experience in all functional areas of a marketing department (creative, content, social, digital marketing, media relations, event management, and market research)
- Experience managing a team, including mentorship and skill development
- High-level thinker who can seamlessly transition to managing tactical implementation
- A natural problem solver with a positive attitude
- Expert in planning, prioritizing, and managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Superior communication (written and verbal) and presentation skills
- Attention to detail is critical for this role
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- A creative mind that thinks big and can pitch the opportunity
Please apply via email at email@example.com with a cover letter and resume. Please reference the job title in the subject line. Be creative. Think big.
No agency inquiries please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.