Location | Calgary
You walk into the office every morning, coffee in hand and your projects for the day front-of-mind. After a quick scrum with the Creative Lead, you pick a playlist and you’re set for the day—ready to produce consistent creative the client depends on. You love to produce digital and print materials that take marketing campaigns to the next level.
A client needs something, fast, but you got this. You’re used to taking creative direction and working collaboratively with the content team to produce material for any occasion, even on a short deadline. Fast week? Slow week? It doesn’t matter, you’re always prepared and highly organized, balancing multiple projects and numerous deadlines without breaking a sweat because you proactively prioritize your workload. You know how important it is for a business to look good and you take great pride in helping them do that.
At Forward Level, “good enough” is never good enough and you wholeheartedly agree with this vision, which is shared by our like-minded, supportive and collaborative team. You will work with our Creative Lead, while you work closely with others on the team to make the magic happen. Whether it’s print, digital, social, video or photography, you’ll be involved in all of it.
If this sounds like it could be you, you may be exactly who we are looking for.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A key player on the Creative team, the Graphic Designer works as part of the FLM team to create visual masterpieces for all clients across several industries. You will:
- Collaborate with the Creative Lead to develop sound design ideas from concept through to implementation
- Develop guidelines and tools to implement a brand identity management system
- Take creative direction and produce collateral that aligns with brand guidelines
- Translate high-level creative direction into functional design
- Work independently while you proactively communicate the status of all your deliverables
- Understand our clients and ensure their brand is reflected in your creative
- Attend scheduled meetings and report on the status of design projects
- Support the Marketing team with visuals for social media content and blogs
- Produce print and digital assets
- Proof and perform quality control on all print and digital production
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Graduate of a graphic design program
- 3-5 years of experience in print production and digital delivery
- Self-driven with the ability to work independently
- Passionate about the production side of Graphic Design
- Ability to adapt quickly to change
- Strong organizational skills to deliver multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- A positive, energetic attitude, with a desire for feedback and collaboration to help you grow in your role
- A solution-oriented design mentality
- Bring big ideas – we love and expect them
- High attention to detail and creative with an eye for good, clean, simple design
- 3-5 years working experience in Adobe Creative Suite
- Adobe InDesign
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe Photoshop
- Working experience in Microsoft Office Suite
- Superior communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and self-critique your work
Please apply via email at: email@example.com with a cover letter, resume and a small portfolio of your best work. If selected for an interview, you may be asked to complete a sample project to show off your skills as part of the interview process.
No agency or telephone/email inquiries, please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.