Digital Marketing Strategist
LOCATION | CALGARY
We are a full-service marketing firm and the founding partner of move forward yycTM. Our team is growing to keep pace with a fantastic group of organizations that we are fortunate enough to work alongside and build their brands. As part of our growth, we are on the lookout for a Digital Marketing Strategist – someone who has their finger on the pulse of digital marketing trends and technologies, a track record of high-performing SEM/SEO strategies, and a passion for data-driven insights that contribute to high-performing online marketing success.
Working with a tightly knit group of marketing rock stars, the Digital Marketing Strategist will be responsible for:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of client-specific brand strategy and create and implement online marketing campaigns that align outcomes with brand goals.
- Implement best practice approach to audience creation and management, automation and analytics, and optimize digital marketing and conversion rates for clients. Bring together target audience needs with each client’s brand objectives – and evaluate the impact.
- Conceptualize and contribute to the development of client-specific digital marketing strategies, and streamline content and assets (blogs, websites, landing pages, graphics, video, social content, newsletters, advertisements, etc.) for multi-channel implementation.
- Have a complete understanding of unique client marketing requirements and build SEO campaigns that deliver return on investment.
- Lead and collaborate with content and design teams for the development of organic and paid digital advertising and optimize performance.
- Develop, manage, implement and monitor robust client-specific content calendars that maintain agility to respond to real-time needs/opportunities and oversee timely implementation.
- Lead client email engagement. Develop plans and conduct A/B testing to build campaigns, content, and templates that resonate and drive engagement and results. Manage client CASL lists and email marketing schedule and distribution. Interpret and report results.
- Seek new and innovative ways to leverage digital technology and identify new opportunities for clients. Continuously improve the performance of our client’s digital marketing and optimize their end-to-end digital client journey.
- Analyze digital marketing metrics, create analytics reports and suggest opportunities to boost web presence and leads for clients.
- Contribute to the development of quality control processes and uphold them.
- Lead collaborative and multi-functional teams in the conceptualization, development, implementation, and evaluation of high-performing digital campaigns.
Requirements and skills
- Post-secondary education in marketing, advertising, business or a related field.
- A minimum of 10-years of experience in digital marketing is preferred.
- 5+ years digital, email and social media engagement experience including both B2B and B2C environments, and copywriting for both long and short form.
- Experienced working in a consultative client-focused environment.
- A high-level thinker who also has a penchant for details, data, analysis, and reporting.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills; must be confident working in a fast-paced and high-pressure environment with multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- A proactive mindset and an energetic attitude. A natural problem solver with high attention to detail.
- Above all, a consistent commitment to win-win opportunities and outcomes with every internal and external colleague and client interaction.
- Skill and assets that will differentiate you:
- Experience using A/B testing, heat mapping, Google Analytics, and marketing automation reporting tools to increase the performance of digital assets.
- Applied knowledge of SEO/SEM
- HTML and CSS and design skills, and experience developing landing pages and email campaigns.
Please apply via email at email@example.com with a cover letter, resume. Please reference the job title in the subject line. Be creative. Think big.
No agency inquiries, please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.
Forward Level is...
“ Forward Level is like working with family. The expectations are always super high, but everyone comes in ready to raise their game every day. We all believe in the work. Nobody here is afraid to push one another to be better because we know we always have each other's back. ”
Tyler Engström, Brand Content Coordinator