Are you a leader? A Marketing Maven, perhaps? We are growing and that means it’s time to hire a Marketing Manager to help us move forward. As part of the senior management team, you have to be highly qualified, experienced, and ready to make an immediate impact.
WHO YOU ARE
We’re on the hunt for a Marketing Manager to lead our client marketing strategies and manage our team of talented marketers. This position is best suited for a marketer with a deep abiding love for creating and managing the master plan for our clients’ marketing strategies. You see the natural connections between business objectives and marketing goals, and through this process, formulate a marketing plan that will help clients move their businesses forward.
Interested? Keep reading…
You have the ability to work at both the strategic and tactical level: generating creative ideas for growth and implementing best-in-class marketing campaigns, analyzing data and solving problems. You’re a strategic collaborator, a critical thinker, and an inspiration for others to think big.
Still with us? Here’s the finale…
You’re a great business leader as well as a great marketing leader. As a senior member of the team, the Marketing Manager is responsible for collaborating with executives to determine business objectives, and ensuring our clients’ marketing plans move forward. At Forward Level, “good enough” isn’t good enough and you wholeheartedly agree with this vision, which is shared by your like-minded and supportive team.
If you’re still reading, wanting more – it’s time to apply!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A senior member on the Marketing team at Forward Level, the Marketing Manager manages the day to day marketing activities and long term marketing strategy for Forward Level and its clients. Position responsibilities include:
- Working with clients to translate business objectives into a comprehensive marketing strategy
- Managing team members and freelancers, including workflow and mentorship
- Managing the implementation of client marketing plans
- Partnering with colleagues in the development of brand purpose definition, brand positioning, and marketing strategies and transform key initiatives into actionable concepts, set key performance metrics and timelines, and develop an overall project approach roadmap in support of established strategies
- Working closely with Partners to set strategic goals/objectives, define processes for market strategies and establish measurement standards aligned with the client’s overall capabilities
- Working closely with research, analytics, social strategy, and other teams to establish market insights for strategic application in brand, consumer, and marketing strategies
- Project managing the timely and cost effective execution of various projects, and taking a proactive approach to daily tasks and client communications
- Assisting with media relations, including managing media inquiries and coordinating interviews as required
- Spearheading firm and client strategic projects
- Managing marketing budgets
- Managing productivity and establishing processes to improve efficiencies
- Managing vacation requests, team schedules, as well as ensuring firm policies are respected
- Maintaining effective internal communications to ensure that all relevant company functions are kept informed of marketing objectives
- Analyzing trends for emerging behaviors, technologies, and companies which are changing our clients’ businesses
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- Project management experience
- A post-secondary degree in Marketing or Communications
- A minimum of 8 – 10 years’ combined experience in marketing and a strategic role
- High-level thinker who also has a penchant for keeping track of details
- Expert in planning, prioritizing and goal setting including the ability to manage multiple projects, determine project urgency and create detailed action plans
- Self-starter able to identify potential problems, and unforeseen opportunities
- Proficient in applying strategic thinking into a truly 360° integrated campaign to ensure consistency and targeted messaging for hyper-sensitive audiences
- Superior communication and presentation skills (creating materials & persuasively presenting to any level of audience)
- Well versed in all marketing channels, as well as current and upcoming trend in the technology, innovation and communication space
- Professional judgment and discretion that comes from years of experience in the field
- Analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Budget-management skills and proficiency
- A creative mind with big ideas and a natural problem solver
- High attention to detail
- A proactive, energetic attitude with the ability to interact with clients in a professional, courteous manner
- Experience managing digital and social strategies
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Skill and assets that will differentiate you
- Experience in media relations
- Experience managing a team
- Consulting/agency or professional services experience
- Strong working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp or SproutSocial
Location: Calgary, Alberta
Closing Date: October 20, 2017
Please apply via email at firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter and resume. Please reference the job title in the subject line. Be creative. Think big.
No agency inquiries please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.