Position | Full-time permanent
Location | Calgary, Alberta
Direct report | Creative lead
When you were a kid, you eventually lost interest in organized activities, not because they weren’t fun, but because you found more enjoyment being creative in Photoshop, sketching endlessly, and taking photos. Your passion for design had been launched!
You’ve realized that what your friends and family consider “playing on the computer” is legitimately your future career. Yes, getting paid for creating cool stuff is the path you desire. People may look at you listening to music and being creative, and call you artsy… but to us, you’re just cool, and a key part of our business. Quickly and accurately switching between Photoshop, InDesign, and Illustrator is something you take pride in, and you will embrace this new creative challenge to show off your mad skills to our team and clients.
At Forward Level, “good enough” isn’t good enough and you wholeheartedly agree with this vision, which is shared by our like-minded, supportive and collaborative team. You will work and create with (and be mentored by) our Creative Lead, while working closely with others on the team to make the magic happen. Whether it’s print, digital, social, video or photography, you will have your hands in many different projects.
While your parents may not believe you have a “real job”, that’s just fine in our books (trust us, we’ve been there) … because at Forward Level, you will have a career.
If this sounds like you, you may be exactly who we are looking for!
A key player on the Creative team, the Junior Graphic Designer works as part of the FLM team to create visual masterpieces for all clients across several industries. Responsibilities include:
- Collaborating with the Creative Lead to develop sound design ideas from concept through to execution for print and web
- Taking creative direction, and producing collateral
- Translating creative direction into killer designs
- Proactively communicating the status of all your deliverables
- Understanding our clients and ensuring their brand is reflected in your creative
- Attending scheduled meetings and reporting on the status of design projects
- Supporting the Communications team with visuals for social media content and blogs
- Production of print and digital assets
- Graduate of a graphic design program
- Experience in print production and digital delivery
- Able to multitask and cope in a constantly changing marketing environment
- Flexible and receptive to feedback
- Able to work in a highly collaborative environment
- Have a solution-oriented design mentality and a critical mind
- Bring big ideas – we love and expect them
- Be creative with an eye for good, clean, simple design
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite
- Solid understanding on Microsoft Office Suite
- Strong organizational skills and high attention to detail
- A proactive and energetic attitude
- Superior communication abilities
- Ability to prioritize, meet deadlines, and self-critique your work
CONSIDERED AS ASSETS
- Working knowledge of Apple Motion or Adobe After Effects
- Experience with Final Cut Pro X and/or working with video editors
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume and a few favourite pieces of your creative to date. If selected for an interview, you may be asked to complete a sample project to show off your mad skills as part of the interview process.
No agency or telephone/email inquiries please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.