Position | Full-time
Location | Calgary, Alberta
Content is king, and we are looking for our King or Queen of content – strategy, that is.
As you walk into the office you manage to reply to an email on your phone, dabble in some banter with the team, and drink your coffee all at the same time. Today’s priorities are ready and waiting, because you’re organized like that. But first things first: since you’ve already checked your email you know that Client A approved the website content strategy last night – yes! Call client, assemble team for content strategy meeting, kickoff the project – done. Efficiency is key, right?
Second cup of coffee is poured, and you’re now back to developing Client B’s content strategy based on their business and marketing objectives. A tall order, but as you swig back that coffee, you think to yourself, “this is what I was born to do!” As a senior member of our team, the rest of the day is filled with developing customer personas, performing content audits, creating and editing content, and leading our content team.
At Forward Level, “good enough” isn’t good enough and you wholeheartedly agree with this vision, which is shared by your like-minded and supportive team. We love seeing the look on our clients’ faces when we exceed their expectations. You will work on diverse projects in a fast-paced, energetic team environment; continuously challenged to develop your skills and knowledge. You’ll work with and lead a content team, while also collaborating with our Creative and Digital teams to make the magic happen.
If you read this and thought to yourself, “I could have written this better…” – you might just be the King or Queen we are looking for!
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
A key player on the Marketing team at Forward Level, the Content Strategist works with clients across several industries through the following responsibilities:
- Working with clients to translate marketing strategy into content strategy.
- Overseeing content requirements and create content strategy deliverables across a project life cycle.
- Gathering key business and user insights and apply strategic planning skills to create a long-term vision for the content that is generated.
- Compellingly communicate a brand’s story, and envisioning how content will be presented or distributed in formats other than text-based articles, such as infographics or multimedia presentations.
- Performing content audits (qualitative analyses of all the content on a network of sites and social media accounts) as well as gap analyses.
- Creating and maintaining editorial calendars, style guides, taxonomies, metadata frameworks and content migration plans.
- Writing and editing content across various mediums for multiple clients in an efficient manner, including website content, ad copy, blogs/articles, social media content, marketing collateral, and more.
- Assisting with media relations, including managing media inquiries and coordinating interviews as needed.
- Manage content team members and freelancers, including workflow and mentorship
- Project managing the timely and cost effective execution of various projects, and taking a proactive approach to daily tasks and client communications.
REQUIREMENTS AND SKILLS
- A post-secondary degree in Communications, Journalism, English or Marketing.
- A minimum of 7 – 10 years’ experience in content creation and/or marketing communications
- Experienced writer with an aversion to never ending sentences, predictable prose, and questionable grammar. Confident writing for a variety of different mediums in a concise, professional and creative manner.
- Must be comfortable writing for a business/professional audience, sometimes on technical matters.
- High-level thinker who also has a penchant for keeping track of details.
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills; must be able to handle a fast-paced work environment with multiple tasks, priorities, and deadlines.
- A creative mind with big ideas and a natural problem solver.
- High attention to detail.
- A proactive, problem solving, and energetic attitude.
- Ability to interact with clients in a professional, courteous manner.
- Solid knowledge and understanding of social and digital media campaigns.
- High attention to detail. (So important we list it twice)
- Skill and assets that will differentiate you
- Experience in media relations
- Experience managing a team
- Consulting/agency or professional services experience
- Strong working knowledge of WordPress, MailChimp or SproutSocial.
- Project management experience
Please apply via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org with a cover letter, resume, and the two writing samples you are most proud of. Please reference the job title in the subject line. Be creative. Think big.
No agency inquiries please. We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only candidates being considered for interviews will be contacted.